All initiatives and engagements of the Foundation are guided by the following values and principles:
- The highest sense of integrity and probity, equity and fairness
- Adherence to transparency and accountability in the conduct of public affairs.
- Respect for the rule of law and human rights as the foundations of good governance and democratic accountability.
- Healthy dialogue, consensus and compromise in debating and resolving issues of democracy and development.
- The Foundation is prepared to take timely action on important and pressing issues based on careful research and analysis.
- The Foundation is independent, nonpartisan and nonprofit in seeking to advance its vision and mission.
- The Foundation works in close cooperation with other organizations, public or private, with proven competencies in order to advance its mission.
The Foundation is funded through private donations and grants by organizations supportive of its programs and activities. Particular care is taken to ensure that funding sources are beyond reproach.