Kufuor Scholars Program ( KSP)
Visit www.kufuorscholarsprogram.org to read more.
The Kufuor Scholars Program has the overarching objective of mentoring a critical mass of future change agents; leaders imbued with a strong sense of patriotism; leaders who are innovative, problem solvers, creative thinkers and knowledgeable professionals in their respective fields of endeavor. These leaders will be trailblazers, whose hallmark will be both success and excellence in national development. Specifically, the program seeks to:
- Cultivate the next crop of transformational leaders; who are patriotic, selfless and community-oriented.
- Empower young scholars with ethical problem solving skills and creative thinking skills towards success in their respective careers and leadership roles for national development.
- Guide young scholars to become agents of social change for political tolerance, ethnic and religious co-existence, and national orientation for sustainable development.
The Kufuor Scholars Program has been designed to achieve the overarching and long-term goals of The John A. Kufuor Foundation, which are to promote:
- Effective Leadership: Recognizing the central role of leadership in the development of societies, the program seeks to prepare young people to become transformational leaders by offering specialized and programmed leadership training, mentoring and coaching, and experiential activities.
- Good Governance:The Scholars are nurtured to embrace good democratic governance as a developmental imperative and the framework for achieving social cohesion and peaceful co-existence.
- Socio-Economic Development: The Scholars are primed to be change agents who seek to transform the socioeconomic circumstance of Ghana and Africa and contribute to advancing the wellbeing of society.
Program activities include: Leadership Camps, International Leadership events, Personal Projects, Mentoring, Coaching, and Internships.
The program is guided by the core values of transparency, accountability, equity, inclusion, fairness, and commitment to excellence. The Kufuor Scholar therefore is expected to place high premium on the following values: integrity, honesty, patriotism, nationalism, and commitment to ethical behavior at all times. The program has made a lot of achievements since the inauguration of the first batch in 2016, after the program launch in 2015. (please read more about achievements here in our reports, news, and archives. Visit www.kufuorscholarsprogram.org as well for all the details on KSP)